1-day experiential training For Therapists working with neurodivergent Clients on issues of intimacy, sex, love, and Relationships
Do you have an increasing number of clients turning up with ADHD, Autism, and a bunch of other neurodivergent acronyms?
Are you unsure if you’ve got the skills and tools to help them?
Would you like more confidence in knowing how to best to support this growing client group?
Yes, yes, YES?! Then you're in the right place! This 1-day online professional training is for you.
This training will provide introductory knowledge and skills to work effectively with neurodivergent adults and sex and relationships. You will learn about different neurodivergent presentations, such as autism spectrum disorder (ASD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), rejection sensitivity dysphoria (RSD), pathological demand avoidance (PDA), dyslexia, alexithymia, synesthesia, and Tourette’s syndrome.
It’s a fun and interactive day to learn, practice, and play your way to a better understanding of working with this client group.
What will we cover?
We will explore:
- What is neurodivergence? Medical, social, and community-defined definitions of neurodivergence
- Common presenting neurodivergent issues in relation to intimacy, sex, love, and relationships
- Intersectionality between neurodivergence and gender, sexuality, non-monogamy, and kink
- Appropriate accommodations for neurodivergent clients in your practice
- 8 fun and participatory activities that you can use with your own clients.
How will this help me in my practice?
Benefits of the training include:
- Greater awareness of behaviours and issues you’re likely to see with neurodivergent clients
- Increased understanding of neurodivergence and most common presentations
- Practical and effective tools to use with neurodivergent clients
- Greater clarity around when to continue working with a client and when to refer on
- Improved competence and confidence when working with this client group.
Who is this for?
This is for mental health professionals, such as counsellors and therapists, who are working with or would like to work with neurodivergent adults on issues relating to intimacy, sex, love, and relationships. Neurodivergent and neurotypical folks are all warmly welcome.
Please be aware, this is a professional therapeutic training and not a personal therapy group.
Although this training day is not yet accredited, you can have a certificate of attendance if you would like one.
Who (the fuck) are you?!
I am Tiga-Rose Nercessian, a COSRT registered psychosexual and relationship therapist, multi-certified intimacy coach, trainer, and academic researcher. My pronouns are she/her, and I am multi-neurodivergent.
I have been working in the field since 2015, and I predominantly work with erotically marginalized adults, including those who are neurodivergent, LGBTQIA+, kinky, and non-monogamous.
When and where is it?
The day runs 9 am – 4 pm UK time on Saturday 3rd February 2024.
Please check your local time zone if you’re not in the UK.
It’s online and you’ll receive the Zoom link once you’ve paid.
The training day costs £100, including preparatory and follow-up resources.
Sign me up, buttercup!
It’s a quick and easy 3-step process to sign up:
1. Click the button below.
2. Make the payment for £100 for the day.
3. Obsessively check your inbox until you receive the preparatory materials and Zoom link (within 1 working day).